Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Finished pieces

Teapot 1: Clay: Cone 10 VC Porcelain #1. Glaze: Sweet Sexy Chun Red Reduction. Slip casted and thrown form.
As you can see, the bottom of the teapot is broken.  The glaze I used is very runny and it ran so much that the glaze made a pool around my teapot and welded it to the shelf.  My professor knocked it off with a piece of wood and this is what remains.  The spout and handle were slip casted from a mold I hand-built. 

Teapot 2: Clay: Cone 10 VC Porcelain #1.  Glaze: Turquoise Celadon Reduction.  Slip casted and thrown pieces.
As much as I love this teapot, the lid is sadly welded to the top because a little glaze ran into the crevice.  Same handle and spout as previous teapot.

Untitled.  Clay: Cone 6 Porcelain.  No glaze.  Hand built pieces and original packaging.
Hand built McDonalds meal out of porcelain.   There is a previous post about this project but here is a more professional photo.

Rising.  Clay: Cone 04 White Stoneware.  Glaze:  Linda Arbuckle's Majolica.  Hand built.
This is my first figure sculpture.  She is half to three quarters life size and built hollow.  I was rushed into building this in three or four days when I would have ideally worked on it for a couple weeks to perfect it.  I learned a lot while building her and I cannot wait to start a new one to make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment