Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Accepting the consequences

It's come down to the point that I just cannot finish some things in time for class.  My surfaces projects are due tomorrow and I have not yet completed half of what I would have like to accomplish.  Instead of worrying about it and pulling yet another all night tonight, I am going to get some good sleep, work a little in the morning, and deal with the consequences face to face with my teacher.  I will eventually complete the projects, probably by next week before spring break but I cannot put in more work into ceramics then what I already do.  I do not want to kill myself, and where would my art go if I was dead?  For the sake of art, I'm getting some sleep tonight.  But here is what I was doing today:

Left:  This is my wall piece that will look like a majolica plate when displayed.  This is about 1/5 of the total pieces.  These are unfired so until Friday, I will not know what the colors will look like exactly.  It's going to be fun!

Right:  This is my urn that collapsed in the kiln the other day.  You can see that the supports are now fused to the bottom and it's hard to see but the it has sunk into them as well, causing the lid to also warp and lock into place.  However, the wings look really nice, don't they?  I'll be making a new and better one in a couple weeks.  Hopefully I will have learned my lesson from last time.

This is part of my surfaces project I mentioned before.  I have only a small Tupperware container filled with slip casted bullets.  I'll have more pictures coming as this project develops later.

That's all for today folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment