Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Black Jelly Beans on my Chicken Drumsticks?

No, they were not jelly beans.  Jelly Beans are sweet, sugary, delicious, and colorful.  I am talking about something quite the opposite of Jelly Beans...

I'm not sure how I'm feeling right now, both mentally and physically.  I'm sitting besides one eaten drumstick and two untouched ones.  I baked these in the oven a couple nights ago and kept them in the refrigerator for later.  Now is later and after reheating them in the microwave in the ceramics studio, I quickly devoured one while I was waiting for a netflix movie to load (Letters from Iwo Jima if you were wondering).  Grabbing the second I noticed a black gooey bean sized (I hate to say it) growth or protrusion on the side of the drumstick.  Even worse, the third had a similar spot.  All I can imagine a slimy fungus slithering down my throat, cackling with pleasure knowing that it's destiny is to spread rapid disease and infections throughout my body, starting with my stomach.  A few laps in the chicken/stomach acid juices of my belly will probably suit it just fine and then traveling through my blood stream it will eventually consume my body and soul.  I swear my tummy hurts right now, but I know that it could be a trick of the mind.  The black eyes of the chicken fungus are watching me!  I must put an end to this madness and dispose of this chicken immediately and simply pretend this never happened.

This is what I get for cooking food ahead of time so that I don't have to leave the studio and stop working.

As my mother says, my stomach is percolating...

No comments:

Post a Comment